Monday, September 10, 2018

English Grammar Sample Tests



Instruction: Choose the correct answer for each question.

1.  Which sentence uses “famish” correctly?


1.    After the straight exam, I felt too exhausted and famishedto eat my favourite foods.

2.    I could eat a horse, I am famish now.
3.    I famished my stomach next time you treat me to a meal out.

4.    I will bring lots of pizza, that’s a famish.

2.  Priscila _______ rather not invest her savings in the stock market.

1.    must

2.    has to
3.    could

4.    would

3.  Did you have any problem ______ our house?

1.    search

2.    to search
3.    searching

4.    for searching

4.  I hope you don’t mind _____ joining you.

1.    to be

2.    I had been
3.    that I may
4.    my

5.  Most basketball players are 6 ____ tall or more.

1.    foot

2.    feet
3.    foots

4.    feets

6.  These children _____ how to improvise more props for the play.

1.    knew

2.    knows
3.    know

4.    known


7.  The company will upgrade ______ computer systems next week.

1.    there

2.    their
3.    its

4.    it’s

8.  Clara ___________ three thousand words for her essay.

1.    have wrote

2.    has wrote
3.    have written
4.    has written

9.  You have too many _______ but few time to prove you’re right.

1.    hypothesis

2.    hypotheses
3.    hyphothesises

4.    hypothesess

10.  Neither Sarah nor Tina _______ the crime yesterday.

1.    witness

2.    witnesses
3.    witnessed

4.    witnessing

11.  You do like going to the party alone. _____ you?

1.    Does

2.    Doesn’t
3.    Do

4.    Don’t

12.  We had our house _______ in yellow.

1.    painting

2.    painted
3.    paint

4.    to paint

13.  He has been exercising but his immune system was steadily _________.

1.    weak

2.    weaken
3.    weakened

4.    weakening



14.  I was ______ that the weather would be sunny and we would be able to enjoy our swimming.

1.    hopeless
2.    hopeful

3.    hopelike
4.    hopely

15.  I think it’s not a great idea. I totally ______.

1.    misagree
2.    unagree
3.    inagree
4.    disagree

16.  So many ___________ I found in the library, now I’m ready to report.

1.    information
2.    informations

3.    infoes
4.    infos

17.  My grandpa always feed his flock of _______ early in the morning.

1.    sheeps
2.    sheep

3.    ships
4.    ship

18.  Happy memories are always remembered, not ________.

1.    forget
2.    forgets

3.    forgot
4.    forgotten

19.  Flight Z735 ______ yesterday. 350 passengers died in that accident.

1.    crush
2.    crushed

3.    crash

4.    crashed

20.  There is a ________ message when you look closely at her painting.

1.    hid
2.    hide
3.    hided
4.    hidden


Note: Correct answers are highlighted.

Next part of the reviewer >>  English Vocabulary Questions

0 Comments::

Post a Comment

Feel free to message me if you have question about the content of my blog tnx!